Ahh... it's every parents favourite time of the year and every child's not so favourite time of the year - yes, we are talking about back to school season! We all know that kids are naturally funny, sometimes intentionally and, other times, not so intentionally, so to fight those early September blues, we have decided to look towards the most wonderful time of the year and launch a Christmas Cracker joke competition open to all Under-16s.
We aren't going to make you jump through hoops. In fact, the rules are very simple: anyone under-16 can enter. If you're over 16, you are prohibited from entering this competition (we are looking at you, embarrassing Dads!)
Each child can send in up to three of their favourite jokes which will then be shared around our office and voted for. The joke with the most votes will win a tray of our enchanted crackers, with the winning joke included inside! All entrants must be within the UK and the competition will be live from the 23rd August 2019 to 9th September 2019. Any entries submitted after the closing date may make us giggle however will not be entered into the competition.
HOW TO ENTER
To enter, all you need to do is submit a joke to us that will fit on our motto template. You are able to find our motto template here. All entries must be emailed to email@example.com by 9am on Monday 9th September 2019. If you wish to be creative, you can download the template and edit with your joke and choice of decoration, then attach as a file to your email. Alternatively, you can type your joke in the body of your email, and send to us.
When entering, please include the name and age of the child, the name of the adult, relationship to the child and the email address we should contact you on if you are our lucky winner!
For some inspiration, here are a few of our favourite cracker jokes:
- Why do elves go to school? To learn the elf-abet!
- What do you call an old snowman? Water
- What do you get if you put an iPod in the fridge? Cool music
We are offering a cracking prize for the competition winner (pun intended).
The winner will receive a tray of our new to 2019 Mr & Mrs Claus Christmas crackers with their own winning joke included!
THE BORING BIT...
1. This competition is open to UK residents only. The competition may only be entered by under 16s, however, they must have a parent or guardians permission before doing so.
2. This competition is valid from the 23rd August 2019 to the 9th September 2019.
3. All entries must comply with the instructions given above. Failure to comply with these instructions may result in the entry being disqualified.
4. There is a maximum of 3 entries per child. Any entries that Crackers (in our discretion) consider to be vulgar, offensive or indecent will be disqualified, and any prize entitlement will be void.
5. The winner will be selected via a voting system based upon a judging criteria, by a panel which shall include a minimum of 3 individuals.
6. The winner will be notified via email to the account from which the entry was submitted. The winner will have 7 days from receipt of notification to contact Crackers either via Facebook, Instagram or Email to claim their prize. If the winner does not claim their prize within 7 days, the prize entitlement will be withdrawn and rewarded to a reserve selected at the same time as the original.
7. It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide correct, up to date details when entering the competition and acceptance of the prize. Crackers cannot be held responsible for fo inaccurate information submitted by the entrant which accepts their entry or prize acceptant.
8. Crackers reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should circumstances outside its control make this necessary.
9. All entrants will automatically be subscribed to the Crackers mailing list upon entry. To opt-out, please detail in entry email that you do not wish to be added to the mailing list. Alternatively, you are able to unsubscribe via every mailshot.
10. You agree that if you are a winner, you will take part in and co-operate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name and entry in such publicity without any fee being payable.
11. Crackers reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to eliminate or disqualify any entries or entrants that it regards as being in breach of these terms and conditions or the spirit of the Promotion. Those who try to circumvent the entry process and/or entry instructions by any method will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
12. Any personal information that entrants share with the Crackers will be kept secure and only used in line with these terms and conditions.
Good luck and may the best joke win!
The Crackers Team